Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Life just sucks sometimes...

The past week has been hell! My 15 year old son has been constantly threatened by another boy at school all year. Once the boy did assault him, we actually had to get a body guard for him at school (and yes, the HS was ineffective). Anyway, last Wednesday, my son was at the neighborhood park and this boy, supported by his 10 friends, assaulted my son. His face was a bloody mess. We had to take him to the ER to make sure he didn't need stitches and that nothing was broken. We served a restraining order on the boy and last night, his deadbeat dad literally served us with a restraining order. I was so furious I just screamed.

Anyway, today I needed to make myself feel better and art always does the trick. I'm back making the 3 x 3s for 2 more swwaps. Here's what I made to keep my sanity!

This is for Irrenay...

This is for Judy's daughter, Hazel...

and this is for dear Mija!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

i am sooo sorry your son and family has been thru this! my oldest daughter went thru bullying when she was in hs and the school just called the "girls in question" into the office and talked to them...did it help? no...they just threw her belongings into the trashcan and passed notes around the class where each person could add a dig to her and then put it into her locker...the only thing she learned was that she hated school...she recently kind of ran into one of the girls...(the girl asked shannon to be a FRIEND on MYSPACE...lol NOT....sending my love and support to you all!

martha brown said...

Oh, Sandee, how awful for your son. (and for you -- I know how every bit of pain our children to through is echoes inside of ourselves). Our children should feel that school is a safe place. And that their world is a safe place. Make sure that he knows that there are many good, good people in the world.
Your 3x3s are beautiful!!!
xox

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Sandee, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. How very upsetting. I'm glad that you found solace in art....wonderful pieces.