Tuesday, December 04, 2007

So different from what I usually do...

I'm participating in a Tip-In with the Altered Art Swap group. For those not sure what it is, it's like a Journal RR, except instead of sending the journal from person to person, the pages get sent to you. Anyway, my theme is "Favorite Poems and Poets". I tried to do something new with my journal cover and I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I collaged with different papers, covered it with gel medium, painted the cover with 2 different paints and then rubbed it off with a paper towel, used old book pages, glaze pens, rub-ons. It took me all day! And no vintage image...that's a first for me!

3 comments:

Tamara C said...

This is stunning, Sandee!! I would have never guessed this was a first try at a technique! What issue is that in? It really has a nice feel to it all!

Hugs, Tamara

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's beautiful!! made my morning.

Love, Gary

Kate North said...

Lovely, Sandee. I'm interested in the idea of a tip-in - can you explain a little more how it works & how it's different from a RR?