Monday, April 28, 2008

Junkalicious!!!

I can see daylight again! Gary and I spent a good part of the weekend trying to really get through the bulk (MOUNTAIN!!!) of the moving boxes. He found most of my art supplies that were packed up for the past 4 months. It was like going shopping all over again!!!

I had to make a Diva Dictionary page for my Altered Divas Yahoo Group. (I wish I had more time to participate in that group; the women are all wonderful.) We had to make up a word and do a 5x7 art piece depicting the word
My word is JUNKALICIOUS...these pages were made with the crap...er, I mean junk, that was sitting in bags in the basement. You know, the stuff you don't know what to do with but hate to throw away??? I used all sorts of junk...old text, a napkin, discarded painted watercolor paper, glittery vellum, green foil wrapped around a slide cover, postage stamps, stamped images that I have NO IDEA where they came from, and puka beads from an old broken necklace. I was living a JUNKALICIOUS moment!!!

8 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is delightful, and truly creative, Sandee...what fun!!

martha brown said...

Yes! it is perfectly junkalicious! And I have your twin sister mountain of boxes, right here in Canada. To be moved on Wednesday. woohoo..... to tired for exclamations right now.....

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Sandy. Love all the green-ery in your junkalicious piece. So glad you found your boxes, and glad to know you have "piles" like I do. Ya never know! LOL

Andre' Gensburger said...

So Sandee, I guess this means you are not coming to the TGIF? Thought I would check in on ya - you seem to be busy and happy, so we are happy for you, even though we miss hearing you laugh!

Your artwork looks really good. I am impressed.

Tell your hippie dude I said Hi! I'll e you some Ellie pictures.

Andre

Anonymous said...

Sandee, this is awesome!! I love what you did with your junk!!

Barbara said...

he ehee...ya know when i first read your post on altered...i thought you HIT IT BIG AT A JUNK SALE..LOL...see where MY mind lives...your art is delicious...!!

peggy gatto said...

I am junkaliscious, as you know!!!! I love the new(?) picture on the blooger id page. Thanks for your comments AND I will be posting later today re my AWARD from you!!!! 89 degrees here on sunday. I miss you!

Sandie R said...

Sandee your posting of the word Junkalicious on Altered Designs got me, had to look. This is a wonderful piece and I love the colours. Who knew a pile of junk could look so good. Great work