Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Arches for Patricia

There are easy journal pages to make. You know, the ones that just POP out of your head! And then there are the really hard ones to make. These arches are for Patricia in my Altered Art Swap group. Her theme is favorite book. My favorite book of all time is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I must have read it three times already, and each time, I get more out of it. It's about Dinah, the daughter of Jacob and Leah. It's not religious in nature at all. It's the story of that part of history told through HER eyes. Now mind you, Dinah is mentioned only ONCE in Genesis...do you think that maybe, just maybe, the old testament was written by GUYS???????

7 comments:

Barbara said...

oh my goodness!!! these are lovely! wow...

artbeth67 said...

I like the back of this page a lot!
Hey, LOVE the toilet in the back of your hair pic :)

Judy Streger said...

Hi Sandee,
I loved The Red Tent, too. Life was plenty tough for women way back then.
I think your new haircut is very flattering.
Judy

peggy gatto said...

Sandee, pefect, just right!!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

I loved this book! Your arch does it justice.

Joanne

Jill said...

I love your arches! I actually made something arty the other day--I'll put it up on my blog this weekend.

jackie said...

Your new arch art is so lovely! It's good to see your art again!
hugs,
jackie