Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Art!

I made these 2 pages for Tamara in my Altered Art Swap group. Here theme is "Home Sweet Home" and she loves the color red. She also wanted circles! OK...so, how do I accommodate my darling friend?

The background paper is hot press water color paper that I spritzed with color mists from Outside the Margins and then covered and pressed with bubble wrap. Gluing just didn't feel right so I machine sewed just about everything to her pages. The left side is meant to be less decorative than the right side.

Sure hope she likes them!!!

5 comments:

jackie said...

Sandee, these two pages are charming! I like the use of bubble wrap on the background and your stitching is so neat and tidy! Lovely work!
hugs,
jackie

Barbara said...

gotta love yahooooooooooo

more like ya fooooooooey...

love the pages!!!

hugz

Joanne Huffman said...

She should love them. Each side is better than the other :D

Joanne

Tamara C said...

Oh Sandee...these are just beautiful! I love them so very much!!

Sniff. Sniff. Crap. I thought I was done crying for the week. Guess not. :) At least its a good cry because of a special friend who I think the world of - YOU! I'm going to frame these for our house because they are just too special to hide away in a book, honeyfriend!

I will be working on yours this next week and should have them ready by next weekend to mail. Along with the belated birthday wishes and goodies! Please forgive me for being so late! :)

Love you bunches and bunches around the world a million times!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous background, Sandee and a beautiful piece! Thanks for the shout out! :-)