Friday, October 24, 2008

Queens for Caryl

This month I had Caryl's "Queens" book to do in our Alphabetica group. I had the letters S and T. I chose the names Sofia and Titania, a) because I liked the names, and b) I loved their meanings. I googled both and this is what I found:

Sofia/Sophia ( Greek for "wisdom"). I changed the spelling because I liked the "f" spelling better than the ph :o)

Titania was the name of a character in William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. In Shakespeare's play, she is the queen of the fairies.


Joanne Huffman said...

both queens regally done!


artbeth67 said...

Purdy new art, Ms. Sandala! Hope you've been getting the messages I've been leaving for you on you cell :)

Sue said...

Both great cards. So different. Well done. x

trisha too said...

very queenly!