Sunday, January 25, 2009

4 down and 117 to go!!!


I'm in an Art Techniques Yahoo group and we are putting together a book of techniques only. We have to use something that is recycled and I chose to use paper from my 1948 Funk and Wagnalls dictionary. I covered the pages with my cheapie metallic acrylic paint; you know, the craft paints that cost 89 cents at Michael's! I like the sheen to that paint when it dries; makes for a nice smooth surface to work on. I then used sequin waste and Staz-on inks to make the circles.

I use this technique A LOT for my collage backgrounds. Give it a shot...it's real easy.

BTW...there are 120 people in this swap!!! I've made 4 so far. So that makes 116 (and 1 extra just in case something happens) to go!

7 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

I just finished my 121 pages! Whew! Just need to box them up and send them off...

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
luckygirlgifts said...

Good luck with that, Idon't envy you. Thanks for visiting my blogsite and giveaway.
Good Luck.
Cari B.

Joanne Huffman said...

Cool background technique, but the numbers are daunting.

Joanne

Barbara said...

...how cool are these...heading over to that paint department..tonite...(getting paid for the trip..he ehee)just straighten a couple things and i actually AM working! lol

GreenishLady said...

I don't see your "One World, One Heart" post, but want to say thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm glad I got to see a little bit of what you do. Wow!

Sarah said...

OOH sandy love these backgrounds just wonderful xxxx