Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Creative Every Day 2009

I want you all to know that I have really been Creative Every Day! It's just that things needed to be done in steps; things needed to dry; a journal needed to be bought; etc. So after a few days of arting, this is what I came up with. I joined a Yahoo Group called Soul Journal which I just happened to chance upon while blog surfing. This was like a gift from above! There are prompts there every week, if you need one, and now my Creative Every Day 2009 journal and Soul Journal are one book. I do have other journals that I will art in and post from time to time. But this is my year for healing and I do feel that this is the journal I will probably work in most often.

The latest prompt for the Soul Journal is Dream Weave. I chose a couple of my favorite water color mists and sprayed hot pressed water color paper. After weaving, gluing and trimming, I pasted it to the back inside cover of my journal. It's actually a pocket:
The pocket holds Dream Strips that I'll write on. These strips will be a great way for me to RELEASE (my Creative Every Day 2009 word...) those bad vibes and dream of a healthier and more creative way to live my life. Are you getting the inter-connectedness here???

Here is the first page of my RELEASE Soul Journal. It's a little cluttered, but boy, did I have a GrEaT time making it! I guess because I made it for ME!!!!!


Mar said...

great messages and wonderful looking pages!

Lady North said...

Thank you for sharing on Soul Journal. Love the bright colours, exactly what is needed on a fog bound day! And RELEASE.o yes..mantra for the new year.
Blessings! will be following through the year..LN

Jill said...

Hi Sandee! I love your new journal and your beautiful "release" page! Very beautiful vibrant colors. I can't wait to see your upcoming pages.

barbara burkard said...


Maija said...

Happy New Year Sandee!
How are you doing???

martha brown said...

This is GREAT!!!
p.s. I tagged you!

KathrynAntyr said...

Welcome again to the group. I love the colors that you used - so vivid, so welcoming and positive. I'm tickled to see that you are finding the Soul Journal blog and board as a gift. I look forward to sharing the journey with you!

{soul hugs}

Joanne Huffman said...

I love what you're doing with journalling and I think it's meant to be since it's all so interrelated and the results are so full of beauty.


morningDove said...

wow this is beautiful. and I love your Dream weave pocket. You are definitely releasing some great artwork.

Tamara C said...

You know what I like about your "Release" year the most? That it is allowing me to see your soul more clearly. And that feels like such a gift to me, sweet friend! So even while you are releasing for yourself, you are still touching others - which is the best of both worlds, I think! :)

I love your self portrait too! I did one as well, although I printed the picture because I'm still afraid to do the drawing thing. Urgh. :)

May Fairy Wings Touch Your Soul This Weekend, Sweetling! Hugs, Tam