Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Fabric Pages for Mixed Media Madams


These pages are for Debbie J. in my Mixed Media Madams group. The theme for her "book" is Grandma's Sewing Basket. These were really fun pages to do. The background fabric is from a vintage quilting squares that I bought at a flea market ages ago. I think there were actually around 50 of them that I bought for $5. The orange lace is also vintage, if you can believe that! Nana Norah is the front and the sewing group is the back. This was a little challenging because the finished product was only 4x4 inches!!! Not a large surface to work with.

Debbie, I sure hope ou like them!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

wow...this is beautiful!!!! she is going to LOVE IT!!!! PERFECTAMUNDO!!!

bockel24 said...

These are just lovely, Sandee - the colours work so well together, and I like your sewing!

Anonymous said...

MAN - OH - MAN...these are so "RETRO"!!!! I love that you still had the quilt squares. Even though the piece is so small, you got so many wonderful details on it. The sewing is the perfect touch. LOVE THIS.....
Janella

Connie said...

Sandee, just found your blog...love your work! Beautiful!! Have a great weekend! Connie

peggy gatto said...

lovely!!!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

What great texture, color and composition! Both sides are wonderful.

Joanne