Sunday, July 18, 2010's a surprise!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I lived in California from 6/1998-12/2007. I have a very close friend, Starr, who adopted me when I was terribly new and extremely lonely. We did quite a bit together and I miss her dearly. She and her DH moved from CA to Cabo San Lucas, Baja Mexico, about a year ago. (See what one can do in retirement! I have a loooooong way to go before I'm at that point!)

Starr just turned 60 June 26th, and as a birthday present, I'm going to go visit her. So, what do you get a woman who has just about everything? NOTHING! You make her a present.

Above are three house shaped magnets that I made for Starr's fridge. She will have a mini-me (and a mini her) neighborhood! I figured that I'm going to see her at least once a year (and for sure I'm going down for my 50th birthday in 2011) and each time I see her, I'll make a new house for her neighborhood.

I sure hope she likes them.


Terri Kahrs said...

Sandee, Starr is going to LUV your thoughtful and creative gift!!! It's amazing and soooo perfect!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Joanne Huffman said...

What a great idea. She is sure to love this.

barbara burkard said...

how cool!!! and thus perhaps when i called...THIS was the reason I only got to talk to petee!