Sunday, July 18, 2010

Shhh...it's a surprise!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I lived in California from 6/1998-12/2007. I have a very close friend, Starr, who adopted me when I was terribly new and extremely lonely. We did quite a bit together and I miss her dearly. She and her DH moved from CA to Cabo San Lucas, Baja Mexico, about a year ago. (See what one can do in retirement! I have a loooooong way to go before I'm at that point!)

Starr just turned 60 June 26th, and as a birthday present, I'm going to go visit her. So, what do you get a woman who has just about everything? NOTHING! You make her a present.

Above are three house shaped magnets that I made for Starr's fridge. She will have a mini-me (and a mini her) neighborhood! I figured that I'm going to see her at least once a year (and for sure I'm going down for my 50th birthday in 2011) and each time I see her, I'll make a new house for her neighborhood.

I sure hope she likes them.

3 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Sandee, Starr is going to LUV your thoughtful and creative gift!!! It's amazing and soooo perfect!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Joanne Huffman said...

What a great idea. She is sure to love this.

Barbara said...

how cool!!! and thus perhaps when i called...THIS was the reason I only got to talk to petee!